Fitness Goals

WEIGHT LOSS GOAL STEPS TAKEN - April 15-21 Goal: 105,000 Steps

Monday, August 13, 2007

I've discovered all these new 100 calorie snack packs in the grociery store. Other that the plain popcorn anything good for you even though it is only 100 calories. I;m sure it's just another marketing skeem to think we are eating healthy when quite frankly we are eating the same crap only smaller portions. Anyway I better get to bed before I can't get up in the morning and tuck the destroyer kills me.

6 comments:

billy said...

Yeah those 100 calorie packs are BS. Pick up some fruit or vegetables and hummus. Real nutrition there, no processed stuff.

PS- dig the new look!

Rob Tucker said...

I created the new look for him, but it feels blurry to me. I'm a MS Paint pro, but eh.. didn't come out great. I like the idea, though.

I like the 100 cal packs as a burst of energy before the gym. That's kind of my problem - I don't take the time to prepare, so I eat what is "easy", still. 100 cals of "easy" is a LOT better than 800 cals of "easy", though.

Anonymous said...

I admit that I eat the 100 calorie packs. A turkey burger just isn't a full lunch to me - I need some salty crunchy stuff on the plate.

It's better than fries.
It's better than 800 calories of potato chips.

They are only BS if you eat all six packages in the box at one meal.

Kristen said...

I buy the 100 calorie snack packs. I think they are probably BS, but they work for me. They taste good, and I am usually able to limit myself to 1 pack. They are certainly better for me than a whole pack of oreos.

Anonymous said...

Here's the thing with those 100-calorie packs: they taste great and they're only 100 calories, but they leave you wanting more. So 100 calories soon turns into 600 calories. Kinda dangerous, in my opinion. Luckily, those were one of my food aversions when I was pregnant, so I can't even look at them without feeling sick. :)

Anonymous said...

People should read this.